BMWForum.nl zoekt Moderators om het forum te onderhouden, als je jezelf kan vinden in het onderstaande, neem dan contact op via deze link.

• Enige kennis van phpbb is gewenst, maar niet noodzakelijk.
  • Minimaal 6 maanden geregistreerd zijn, of een zodanige activiteit met posten hebben.
  • Geregeld op het forum te vinden zijn.
  • Goed moderator werk verrichten, veranderen, doorverwijzen of verwijderen van forum berichten die niet toegestaan zijn.

x1 >2017 (e48 model) battery replacement

Forum voor alle BMW X-serie modellen van 2000 - heden.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Topic Author
s-tobe
Neutraal
Type Auto: bmw x1 e48

x1 >2017 (e48 model) battery replacement

Post by s-tobe »

Hi, i am planning to replace the battery of my X1 E48 model (>2017) and register its (higher capacity) afterwards with Carly app.

1. Would it be required to keep the battery wiring connected while replacing the battery or can i just disconnect and replace?
I read conflicting thing about this idea.

2. And if not connected on replacement 12 v power during replacement, would the engine just start , no being obstructed by the anti-theft ignition lock?

thanks
Stefan

Mtechwim
Neutraal
Type Auto: X5 E70 3.5i

Re: x1 >2017 (e48 model) battery replacement

Post by Mtechwim »

Normaly you can change the battery with out any problems. With Some maintanace you should also disconnect the battery.

It’s possible that after a start you get failures in your dash, the will disapear after driving for a few meters.

Working on the car with battery power on it could result in failure massage, that need to be cleared throug a reset device.

Return to “X1, X3, X5 & X6”